So, this is my Nth attempt at a blog… I have started a few blogs in my time, and always failed to keep them up, but I guess this one is born out of the desire to write about all the things that roam through my over active mind on any given day.
I think one of the main things that stopped me from sticking to a blog was that I always decided, right, I’m going to write a blog about food, or about travel, etc, but actually, I could never stick to them because my interests are very wide ranging. I could never think of a name for a blog that would encompass all the things that I am interested in, until, a few weeks ago, my vivacious friend Maddie called me Miss W, and it just clicked – this was the name that encompassed all my interests; books, travel, food, ceramics, politics, feminism, social commentary, random thoughts, beautiful things, memories (maybe even fiction at some point)… A life is made up of a million different aspects, and I wanted a name that would hold all of those together, so what better than my own name to represent me?
Miss W loves:
- Good food
- Long, well written books – fiction and non-fiction (list of favourites to come)
- Sunny days
- Sea breeze
- Trips to the seaside
- Mojitos and G&T
- Dogs – in particular wiry haired dachshunds and blonde French bulldogs.
- Presents (feel free to send any presents my way)
- Ceramics (I attend a weekly ceramics class in London)
- Travel to distant places
- Words – eclectic is her favourite
- Collecting bookmarks and jewellery from travels
- Her places of origin (Barcelona/Lake District)
- Long and meaty debates on controversial topics
- New York City
- Cheese – Comté and St Felicien particular favourites
- Charity shop browsing – favourite locations in London include High St Kensington and Golders Green.
- Elderflower jelly
Follow Miss W on Twitter: @iammiss_w Instagram: @iam_miss_w